relieve toothache with CBD?
Topic: hemp oil for pain
More and more scientific research is now focusing on the implications of cannabinoids, of which CBD is a part, for relieve pain, whether chronic or occasional. The General Assembly thus gave the green light for a two-year experiment concerning the medical cannabis. The applications of cannabinoids in dental care are very relevant insofar as dental or gum disorders are accompanied by particularly intense pain. CBD could thus contribute to reducing toothache pain.
Effectively, the CBD would have proven effects against dental pain. Studies have shown that this component of cannabis is effective against irritation of nerve endings. They highlight the anti-inflammatory potential and cannabidiol antioxidant.
- How to relieve a toothache with CBD?
- How does this molecule from cannabis work on toothache?
- What is the suitable form of cannabidiol for dental pain?
The team of CBD Dundees answers your questions in this article and do not hesitate to make your own experience by checking for yourself what CBD can bring you on a daily basis!
The different causes of dental pain?
the toothache can range from simple discomfort to violent pain radiating to the jaws, ears and even the cranium. It can appear suddenly or gradually. Often, the diseased tooth is sensitive to low pressure and the slightest change in temperature. Whatever the origin, it can disrupt the life of the person who suffers from it.
Most of the time, toothache is caused by cavities. L’hypersensitivity it causes can promote the onset of pain, especially when brushing, when air passes through the mouth and when in contact with cold or sweet foods. It is also possible that the growth of wisdom teeth causes pain, or a bacterial infection characterized by inflammation of the supporting tissues of the tooth.
You can also assign the toothache to a dental crack or fracture following a shock. The pain can be very sharp when chewing and in case of temperature variation. Sometimes a sinusitis, or inflammation of the mucous membranes of the maxillary sinuses, which is accompanied by migrainealso causes a dental pain exacerbated.
To read : CBD for pain
The effects of CBD on toothache, how effective?
CBD appears to have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effectswhich makes it a proven natural solution for toothache. The combination of these effects effectively reduces pain by acting on nerve receptors. The antibacterial properties cannabidiol also constitute a shield against the proliferation of germs which aggravate the condition of the tooth.
Moreover, pAs a reminder, when the body undergoes an external attack, it produces an immune reaction which manifests itself in the form of inflammation which can be responsible for pain. The CBD-specific receptors are then positively stimulated by the molecule, and the inflammation subsides.
The studies and research carried out are not yet sufficient to ensure a real potential for the treatment of toothache with CBD, however, they are very encouraging. Thus, a 2008 study published in the Journal of Natural Products cites CBD as a cannabinoid for its antibacterial properties.
Another study, from 2009, conducted by the Molecular Biology Laboratory of the University of Uberaba in Brazil, investigated the effects of CBD on periodontitis in rats, a painful infection that causes bone and tissue breakdown. soft that support the teeth. Researchers have found its anti-inflammatory benefits.
To read : Do CBD flowers have therapeutic effects?
Which CBD product to use for natural toothache relief?
- How to soothe a toothache quickly? L’cbd oilis the most indicated form of CBD against toothache. It can be poured directly onto the gum or tooth surface. Harmless, this form also has the advantage of having a almost immediate effect : a few minutes are enough for the nerve endings at the level of the tooth to be soothed. Consuming the oil is effective, but the effects will take longer to kick in.
- You can also use a spray based on CBD in case of toothache. Like oil, it vaporizes directly on the affected area.
- A mouthwash with herbal tea can be effective. The CBD herbal teas, in the same way as the oils, will have the added advantage of helping to feel better, more relaxed and relaxed. In addition to soothing the body, they will soothe the mind.
- For the daily care of the oral cavity, nothing better thana CBD toothpaste which you can also make yourself by mixing a few drops of oil with your usual product.
Whatever the cause of your dental pain, it is always recommended to consult a health professional, especially if the toothache persists for long periods or the pain is intense. Also remember that a professional control and scaling every 6 months or 1 year are recommended to prevent any dental problem. CBD does not replace proper dental care.
In conclusion, toothache can have various causes, and the pain that accompanies it is always annoying. CBD allows you to treat it, but also to prevent it. It is just as interesting to know that this molecule still has many virtues that deserve to be exploited.
To read : Which CBD product to choose?